POST-KOMIKON EXPERIENCE





POST-KOMIKON EXPERIENCE Oct 19, 2009
Yes I now its a bit late but its better later than later :)


What a really great day that was! The recently concluded Komikon 2009 at the Megamall, Megatrade Hall 1, yesterday Oct 18. I really enjoyed the event even though I was not able to go around that much, I still get to make sure that I get the things that only at such event that I can get in just one round.:) After my work shift from 12:30am - 9:30am(graveyard shift)I head directly to the Megamall just a few blocks from office at Shaw Blvd.

I was with my friend Roel who assisted me in gettting my things in order and stayed at my table when I need to go arround to buy some things. We stayed there until around 7:30pm. A bit later after the they Awarded to my newest Indie Comics "MLU", Best Comics Creation for the Theme: "Sa Kaibuturan ng Aking Puso". To all who bought my Indie, to the Komikon Committee, and to God, my sincerest thanks! :) And for Lulu my comics is all about you.:) This is the 1st Komikon that I was able to get an Indie table(for those who'll going to sell Independent Comics) so I'm really excited and though I'm lacking sleep I still enjoyed very much the event.

At the Indie table to my left is Sir Gio Paredes(Kalayaan, Bayan Knights) and to my right is Rhiver Quilantang(Manilaman, Bayan Knights, Porkypine Rood and Goodbye Rubbit) my now 2 good friends :D they're really nice and we chat when there's no buyer of our Comics. Lets support Indie Comics and the Bayan Nights.:) I was also able to give a Copy of my Baboy and Mlu Indie Comics to Sir John Lent, those 2 comics are silent comics so I think its fine to give it to him because hes an american :) Hope He enjoys the art as much as I did.

When got home I have:


a copy of El Indio of Francisco Coching the Dean of Philipppine Comics
a copy of SKP: Samahang Kartunista ng Pilipinas Roster Book

a copy of Trese: Mass Murders by Sir B. Tan and K. Baldisimo
a copy of Where Boldstars Go to Die by G. Alanguilan and A. Esmena

a copy of Digmaang Salinlahi 04 by J. Zamar
a copy of Pinoy Komiks Rebyu by Sir Randy Valiente(my Baboy Indie was featured here! check it out! :)

a copy of Porkypine Rood and Goodbye Rubbit by RH Quilantang
a copy of Jeprox Komiks by Freely Abrigo of SKP

a copy of Darna issue no.1
a copy of Wikipilipinas Users Manual
a copy of Yoghi Manga
a copy of Yu-Gi-Oh GX vol.2 English Manga
a copy of FHM Magazine, april 2009 Issue 8 copies of Foreign Comics(Punisher, Hourman, Cybernary by Nick Manabat, Cable, Gen13 art by Adam Hughes, DHP: Dark Horse Presents, and Blade of the Immortal)
a Jack TV notebook
an Avatar DVD(final 6 episodes)
Komikon Poster and Poster of Zsa Zsa Zaturnah
a Long brown Paper Bag
and lastly another Best Comics creation award for MLU: Madramang Lambingan sa Umaga.

What a great experience! all that I can say is that I'd definitely go back and attend the next Komikons to come. :) To may friends online that I meet the first time, its so nice to meet you in person. thanks to all of you and hope to see you at the next convention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballpen Sketches

‎100 ARAW NG KOMIKS (Day 20) KAGUBATAN (2004)

Glasshousegraphics Comics creation Seminar