Painting Submisssion at ECCA

I recently joined the ECCA Semi-Annual Art Competition by AAP and the contest theme for 2010 is Mother and Child. I worked for a month for my entry and I wanted to finish it on time until the deadline on May 30th. I have the money to buy the materials I need, however, I am really have a limited time to paint, I can only do it during rest days and just a couple of hours during working days. I even have a calendar in front of me every time I sit down on my laptop to remind me that I need to get working, as to sometimes I get carried away when I log in to facebook.  Anyway, this blog have some pictures of my entry and the submission last may 30th at Valle Verde 1 at the ECCA museun.

I was with my colleague in Pangasinan Patrick Fernandez during the submission, he went from Pangasinan to submit his own entry, It was really a great experience! I get to see the beautiful artworks from some of the artist in the Philippines! When I compared my work to some of the best that I saw, I was really amazed and realized I need to get more and more practice like I always do. Also a note to myself, prepare at least 2 months for the entry, specially if you really want to win. I also get to be a member of AAP again! wow! member of Arts Association of the Philippines! being a member is already a great privilege.

The awarding ceremonies and the opening of the exhibition of the Fifty (50) finalist shall be held at the GSIS Exhibition Hall, GSIS Building. Roxas Boulevard, on Friday June 11, 2010, at 6 O'clock in the evening.

All 50 winning entries  will automatically be included in the book "Great Themes in Philippine Art: Mother and Child"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballpen Sketches

‎100 ARAW NG KOMIKS (Day 20) KAGUBATAN (2004)

Glasshousegraphics Comics creation Seminar